We are currently seeking Outside sales Representatives in Houston TX.
Job Title: Truss and Component Outside Sales Representative
Primary duties include building relationships, forming vendor partnerships, making sales, and obtaining contracts through specific knowledge of wood components. The position is for outside sales and the primary location will be outside the manufacturing facility.
- Making sales, obtaining orders and contracts for assigned accounts and new accounts in assigned market.
- Act as a subject matter expert in the market to sell with maximum profit and ensure complete product penetration with current and future customers.
- Manage plan design changes or enhancements.
- Provide service and education to customers in the field of engineered wood trusses and components.
- Partner with vendors to improve communication and education to customers about products.
- Demonstrate knowledge in building codes and jobsite OSHA safety requirements.
- Provide solutions to customers relating to material procurement, distribution and application.
- Meet with market customers routinely to increase the scope of new business potential.
- Other duties as assigned by plant or sales management.
- Minimum education required: High School diploma or G.E.D. Prefer a college degree in a business, marketing, engineering, construction management or related field.
- Minimum experience required: 5 years of sales experience in building materials or related industry.
- Special skills required—Excellent verbal and written skills, ability to organize and manage within time constraints. Working knowledge of building codes, materials, industry and products.
- Other: Ability to lift 50 lbs. on a random basis and work in extreme weather conditions.
- Valid driver’s license with ability to travel locally more than 80% of time
Minimum experience required: 5+ years of sales experience in building materials or related industry.
Please send resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org